REFLECTOR:HID lights

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:16:12 -0500

I wonder if the HID lamps would interfere with stormscope equipment since
they are really tiny arc lights.....

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of richard@riley.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 8:50 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:HID lights

At 09:54 AM 4/20/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Richard,
>
>I just might take you up on your HID light system. I have the FGE with the
>standard 4509 light housing already glassed in, so the PAR36 would be the
>best fit.

Yes, the bulb is identical in shape to the 4509.

>Just to verify, the kit would come with the bulb, housing/reflector,
>balast, shielded cable and instructions?

Everything but instructions but it's not that hard.  Plug bulb into
ballast.  Attach wires from ballast to power and ground.  Squint.

Don't wrap the ballast in anything, let it be exposed to air to air to cool
- not much cooling, but some.  That's about it.