REFLECTOR:Velocity Manuals, Methods & Views

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:18:49 -0600

I think it should be a free service to get on the list, if you can prove
you own a Velocity.

A listing of current KPC's and the quarterly "Safety Corner"  Article that
is published in the VV would cover it.  They could also use the list to
disseminate immediate notification of urgent AD' type info.

No additional work required except pasting those two existing pieces of
information into one email and sending it to the list server.

I volunteer my host space and setup of the list for free.  Like the
reflector, all the factory would have to do is send one email to the
list.  They would also have full control of who's on it and what gets sent.

Once the list is set up they could move it to any server of their choice if
they wished.

Scott

At 05:22 AM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
>Chris,
>
>Well, I didn't REALLY think it would be all that expensive to set up but
>wanted to grant the benefit of the doubt.  We'll see what some of the
>other follow up comments are but I'm betting that Velo is a majority of
>one if they believe that a information system on the net is not a good
>idea.  Robin succinctly pointed out, most aircraft kit companies generally
>come up short with information technology....all the more reason for Velo
>to take the initiative to be different, and better.  How often does an
>opportunity come along to separate yourself from the competitive pack by
>doing something that is good for quality, safety and, ultimately, sales?
>
>Darn it, I'm so pumped over the idea that I feel like flying down to
>Sebastian right now and help start setting up the
>program....unfortunately, I can't because the Velo is in the shop and its
>a long walk.
>
>Chuck

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin