REFLECTOR:Props

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:12:23 -0600

>I found Whirlwind http://www.whirlwindpropellers.com has a prop that would
>be good for the XL.  I don't know that they make it in the pusher
>configuration.  At $12.5K for the prop and $1,275 for the governor it ain't
>cheap.  After hearing the maintenance and downtime woes, any option that
>would be more robust than the MT sounds like it would be a better value.

I talked to Whirlwind a year ago and they said they were "thinking" about
"starting" to adapt it for pusher configuration..

I talked to Carter Copter a few months ago about their constant speed
composite prop design.  They are very interested in having it developed for
the experimental market.  I didn't go into the details with them other than
they would like to license the design to further its development and of
course put some cash into thier pockets. I would certainly be interested in
participating in a project like this.  Anybody else interested in doing this?

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin