REFLECTOR:M-20 Oil/Air separator

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:44:18 EDT

--part1_64.3cc39f08.2da34952_boundary

Dick,

I fabricated a separator with a body of fiberlgass over aluminum. An return
oil line leads from the bottom to a "1/2 inch pipe" fitting which is installed
under the #5 cylinder in a hole in the block. The PVC is near the engine end
of the return line and is installed so as to cut off due to pressure when the
engine is running. To do this, I have the PVC at about a 45 degree angle from
vertical to reduce the force needed to close the valve. I first tried it with
the PVC on the bottom of the oil separator and in a vertical position; however,
there was insufficient pressure to close the valve so more oil than ever made
it out the vent.

Now when I fly the PVC closes and oil accumulates in teh separator body. when
I shut down the valve opens and allows the oil to drain back into the engine.

I used an all metal PVC147 made by Deutsch and purchased at Autozone.

Bob Wood

--part1_64.3cc39f08.2da34952_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dick,<BR>
<BR>
I fabricated a separator with a body of fiberlgass over aluminum. An return=20=
oil line leads from the bottom to a "1/2 inch pipe" fitting which is install=
ed under the #5 cylinder in a hole in the block. The PVC is near the engine=20=
end of the return line and is installed so as to cut off due to pressure whe=
n the engine is running. To do this, I have the PVC at about a 45 degree ang=
le from vertical to reduce the force needed to close the valve. I first trie=
d it with the PVC on the bottom of the oil separator and in a vertical posit=
ion; however, there was insufficient pressure to close the valve so more oil=
 than ever made it out the vent.<BR>
<BR>
Now when I fly the PVC closes and oil accumulates in teh separator body. whe=
n I shut down the valve opens and allows the oil to drain back into the engi=
ne.<BR>
<BR>
I used an all metal PVC147 made by Deutsch and purchased at Autozone.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood</FONT></HTML>

--part1_64.3cc39f08.2da34952_boundary--