REFLECTOR::Re: Aileron Rigging Frustration

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:57:58 EST

--part1_53.8835685.2da07146_boundary

Al & all,

When I achieved 2-7/16 up and 2-5/16 down, it was separately (as I was
instructed to do by the factory). Once I hooked up both sides, I lost quite a bit.
That was when I built new brackets and started over from scratch.

Now, like I said, I set up everything exactly as the factory said and as per
the newer instructions. Unfortunately, after a few hours of adjusting, I can't
even get 2-3/8 up/down out of the system.  when I did get close to that, both
ailerons were trailing edge UP about 1/16. When I try to get them even or to
get the factory recommended droop I lost travel.

The one thing I did not do is mess with the Keel cable clamps (I was assured
they are laser cut and perfect). I am beginning to think that there is yet
another mistake in a part of mine and I have wasted tremendous time working with
a defective system (again).  The last 3 items that I ran into this kind of
trouble,  it turned out to be defective parts (although I was assured that that
was impossible).

So now, the question is.... just how to fix it?   Yes, my patience are
wearing thin.... but I do appreciate the input :)

Thanks,  Kurt

--part1_53.8835685.2da07146_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Lucida Sans" LANG=3D"0">Al &amp; all, <BR>
<BR>
When I achieved 2-7/16 up and 2-5/16 down, it was separately (as I was instr=
ucted to do by the factory). Once I hooked up both sides, I lost quite a bit=
. That was when I built new brackets and started over from scratch. <BR>
<BR>
Now, like I said, I set up everything <B>exactly</B> as the factory said and=
 as per the newer instructions. Unfortunately, after a few hours of adjustin=
g, I can't even get 2-3/8 up/down out of the system.&nbsp; when I did get cl=
ose to that, both ailerons were trailing edge UP about 1/16. When I try to g=
et them even or to get the factory recommended droop I lost travel.&nbsp; <B=

<BR>
The one thing I did not do is mess with the Keel cable clamps (I was assured=
 they are laser cut and perfect). I am beginning to think that there is yet=20=
another mistake in a part of mine and I have wasted tremendous time working=20=
with a defective system (again).&nbsp; The last 3 items that I ran into this=
 kind of trouble,&nbsp; it turned out to be defective parts (although I was=20=
assured that that was impossible). <BR>
<BR>
So now, the question is.... just how to fix it?&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, my patience=
 are wearing thin.... but I do appreciate the input :) <BR>
<BR>
Thanks,&nbsp; Kurt </FONT></HTML>

--part1_53.8835685.2da07146_boundary--