REFLECTOR:M-20 Oil/Air separator

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 03 Apr 2004 09:15:25 -0700

The PCV valve is put in the oil return line, backwards.  Positive pressure
closes the line during operation. When you shut down the engine the
reclaimed oil then drains back through the PCV valve into the crankcase.

When the return line is open during engine ops it can cause a flow problem
in the separator that causes a greater amount of oil to be blown over board.

Scott