REFLECTOR:Re: Aileron Rigging Frustration

mike deeter reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 07:39:23 -0800 (PST)

Kurt:

When I did my ailerons I did the kinematics as your
Dad did and came up w/ the same conclusion.  I have
the standard wing but the same dimensions apply
except, since I assume my ailerons are less wide than
yours, I can get even less travel than you.  I was
able to get about 2 3/8" average just like you.

After flying I find I use a small fraction of the
travel.  Admittedly, I keep things mostly straight and
level and don't do aerobatics and dramatic maneuvers
but my plane is very responsive and doesn't need huge
travel.

You can try to get exactly the same travel up and
down.....or leave it alone.....but from your data I
think you're very close to what's possible.

Mike

=====