REFLECTOR:Gear Up

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:20:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

I had the main gear on my 173RGE collapse on landing this afternoon. At first glance the damage doesn't seem to be too bad. A ground up belly and a trashed MT prop.

It is really too soon to do much speculation as to the cause until I have had a chance to examine it more carefully. However, at  this point it looks as though the overcenter linkage may simply not have latched properly. I can't really say whether I had two greens on the gear lights or not, but I am sure that I didn't have a red light.

I will report back if and when I have more definite information as to what happened.

Donald Royer
djroyer@earthlink.net
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>I had the main gear on my 173RGE collapse on landing this afternoon. At first glance the damage doesn't seem to be too bad. A ground up belly and a trashed MT prop. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is really too soon to do much speculation as to the cause until I have had a chance to examine it more carefully. However, at&nbsp; this point it looks as though the overcenter linkage may simply not have latched properly. I can't really say whether I had two greens on the gear lights or not, but I am sure that I didn't have a red light.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I will report back if and when I have more definite information as to what happened.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donald Royer</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:djroyer@earthlink.net">djroyer@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>