REFLECTOR:Airflow around fixed gear

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:21:00 -0500

I'm about to weld up the last leg of the exhaust pipe from the turbo to the
cowl exit.  I placed the exit so that it would be behind where the right
main gear goes through the fuselage.  The gear is shaped aerodynamically
such that it appears that the airflow is converging towards the centerline
of the fuselage near this point.

I have the opportunity to rotate the exhaust where it exits the cowl.  I'm
not so worried about aiming the exhaust as I am making a streamlined exit.
Has anyone done any oil drop testing in this area?  If anyone has a chance,
fixed gear or retract, I would be interested in knowing the direction of
airflow in this area.

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and mostly single