REFLECTOR:Termites, fumigation and fiberglass

lawrence epstein reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:18:06 +0000

After being faced with Termite infestation some years ago I sepnt a great
deal of time investigationg the various approaches.
I settled on on the Sentricon bait system.  This appears to be at least as
effective as any spray/barrier approach (although not as rewarding as
knowing you have a massive instant kill!) and MUCH safer for your health &
that of the environment.
Not to mention that there is no exposure to your baby (The aircraft)
Just my 2 cents

btw-all bait systems are not created equal  Sentricon(Dow) is different &
only sold via licensed Installers.
Larry Epstein
173 FGE

>   We're going have our home tented and fumigated for termites using Vikane
>gas by Dow Chemical.  It apparently is a common gas used in California.
>Our garage/hangar will be tented as well, in which rests our beloved
>Velocity, cloth and resin.  Dow tells me: "If the fumigator applies Vikane
>according to label directions, there will be no effect to the fiberglass
>components in your garage."  Apparently, the stuff is "non reactive" but
>penetrates like Hell to go after those critters in the wood.  The termite
>folks think it will be fine.  The factory feels there should not be a
>problem but leans in my direction that it might be better to remove
>everything before the gas is released.
>

>   Any of you fine builders have experience with this issue or any
>thoughts?  I will appreciate the wisdom of the collective.  (It's too late,
>I've been assimilated, resistance was "futile.")
>

>   Phil Hooper
>
>   Harvest Development & Media
>
>   714/693-8745 (voice)
>
>   714/777-0134 (fax)

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get Hotmail Extra Storage