REFLECTOR:GPS antenna

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:03:32 -0400

--Apple-Mail-21--197533458
	delsp=yes;
	charset=ISO-8859-1;
	format=flowed

Hi Fred,
  We have installed dozens of GPS antennas above the landing light and =20=

they all work perfectly.
Some have been installed without a ground plane on others we have used =20=

a small ground plane
above the light that is glued to the inside of the nose bowl. The small =20=

metal G.P. is easy to make
and install, but make sure that you can still access the antenna =20
mounting screws for service...

Fly Safe,
Wayne
________________________________________________________________________=20=

___

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 11:54 PM, Fred Marconi wrote:

> Wayne:
> =A0
> I talked with Scott Baker about this when I was there this past =20
> Monday=A0and he advised me that the GPS antenna is being placed in the =
=20
> nose of the plane over the light and that it works fine.=A0 Also he =
does =20
> not make any mention of a ground plane.
> =A0
> Fred

--Apple-Mail-21--197533458

Hi Fred,

 We have installed dozens of GPS antennas above the landing light and
they all work perfectly.

Some have been installed without a ground plane on others we have used
a small ground plane

above the light that is glued to the inside of the nose bowl. The
small metal G.P. is easy to make

and install, but make sure that you can still access the antenna
mounting screws for service...

Fly Safe,

Wayne

=