REFLECTOR:WSI stuff

ack sheehan reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

Wayne,
I am not sure about the WSI system but with my ARNAV
sattelite receiver there is no ground plane
requirement, very similar to a GPS antenna. I actually
do not have it permanantly installed, It is just
sitting in the baggage compartment pointed up and
works fine. I can probably do some checking. The WSI
system was a product of the AGATE program in the early
years through an SBIR, The work was done by a company
here in Hampton, VA called VIGYAN. They sold the
product or system (?) to WSI. I do not know much about
the deal or what WSI has done with it since.
I am in Kentucky with the airplane avoiding Isabel.
Jack
N55XL
--- Wayne Lanza <wlanza@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>   The guys have installed the WSI receiver in the
> new XL demo plane
> and are having reception problems. You have had good
> luck with the
> system and I am curious as to how & where you
> mounted the antenna.
> My take is to mount it to a large ground plane above
> the machinery
> atop the canard. This should give us about 2.5
> square feet of plane
> and hopefully fix the problem, the ground plane they
> have now is
> about 4" x 12" on top of the canard and amongst the
> servo motors...
> What are you feelings/comments?
>
> Many Thanks & Fly Safe,
> Wayne Lanza
>

> P.S. Do you know any of these guys?
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg x-unix-mode=0644;
name=PeekAboo.jpg