REFLECTOR:Alternator

John R reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:52:43 -0500

--------------060801050603090007080709

Yes.

Mark Landoll (405/392-3847), supplies 60-A alternators, mitsubishi I
think, for the Velocity, with mount hardware for about $100... will
modify for use with an external regulator for $15-$20. He comes highly
recommended, (although I'm not flying yet so I don't have direct
experience, I think the alternator is the same type Bob Nuckolls
recommends as an alternate to B&C)

See: http://www.kitplanes.com/resources/supInfo.asp?t=browseCat&si=120080

-John R.
(Same 99.9% done, will be done Saturday.... just don't know which Saturday!)

PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com wrote:

> I purchased a B&C voltage regulator several years ago and intended to
> also buy their alternator.  Now I find that I no longer think that
> they are worth $600 to $700.  Velocity has a 60 amp for about $200 but
> it has the voltage regulator built in and I hear that it's a major
> effort to disable it.  Does anyone know of an alternator without a
> regulator that will fit my LYC IO360?  Also, what's the difference
> between a case mount and a boss mount?
>
> 99.9% finished and taking for ever!!
>
> Mel Bina  STD  RG

--------------060801050603090007080709

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yes.<br>
Mark Landoll <font size="2" face="verdana">(405/392-3847</font>), supplies
60-A alternators, mitsubishi I think, for the Velocity, with mount hardware
for about $100... will modify for use with an external regulator for $15-$20.
He comes highly recommended, (although I'm not flying yet so I don't have
direct experience, I think the alternator is the same type Bob Nuckolls recommends
as an alternate to B&amp;C)<br>
See: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.kitplanes.com/resources/supInfo.asp?t=browseCat&si=120080">http://www.kitplanes.com/resources/supInfo.asp?t=browseCat&amp;si=120080</a><br>
-John R.<br>
(Same 99.9% done, will be done Saturday.... just don't know which Saturday!)<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com">PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com</a> wrote:<br>
 face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">I purchased a B&amp;C voltage regulator
several years ago and intended to also buy their alternator. &nbsp;Now I find
that I no longer think that they are worth $600 to $700. &nbsp;Velocity has a
60 amp for about $200 but it has the voltage regulator built in and I hear
that it's a major effort to disable it. &nbsp;Does anyone know of an alternator
without a regulator that will fit my LYC IO360? &nbsp;Also, what's the difference
between a case mount and a boss mount? <br>
99.9% finished and taking for ever!! <br>

--------------060801050603090007080709--