REFLECTOR:MORE ON COMBUSTION AIR AND COOLING

steve korney reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:14:01 +0000

Hi Ronnie...

Yes...I have one on my Glasair and I'm about ready to put an inlet flapper
valve on the alternate air source to stop that leak back and  if the linkage
falls off or something like that happens, the spring loaded flapper valve
will open automatically when in ram-air mode...I think a piper has one of
those kind of valves...

Best... Steve

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Ronnie Brown" <romott@adelphia.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:MORE ON COMBUSTION AIR AND COOLING
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:14:48 -0400

That sounds about right - 217 knots = 2.3" Hg pitot pressure.  Plus 29.98 =
32.28" MAP.

On our "slow" Velocities, 175 knots equals about 1.5" Hg pitot pressure.

Steve, are you sure the Airflow Performance flapper doesn't block the
alternate air when the ram air is open?  I almost used a Piper alternate air
valve and that is how it could be used.

Ronnie