REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes

Craig and/or Denise Woolston reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:18:17 -0700

Andy-

I didn't look anything up.  I had the guy a Motion measure it.  As crazy as
it sounds it was what I said below.  He said that Metric would work also,
but that the metric don't have the correct taper.  He said that the Japanese
hydraulic stuff copied the British stuff, but I can neither confirm nor
denied that with any written form.  But on the flip side, both of us thought
that the tooling and the casting for the master cylinder were such crap that
just about anything would have screwed in there.  He had a tool set for
measuring threads like I have never seen before.  FWIW the fitting is
installed and it felt good to me, but as we are both in approximately the
same phase of building it has not been pressurize...

Craig