REFLECTOR:INTAKE COMBUSTION AIR

Dennis Huntington reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 03:30:01 +0000

Tom

I did what you are suggesting with puting the intake for the induction on a
separate scoop on the bottom.  I also put a scoop on the roof to increase
the air for the cooling.  Had I to do it over, I would not add anything to
the bottom.  I had originally put the lower scoop to try to lessen the amout
of air taken away from cooling air.  It made not difference in performance
or in cooling.  Then we added the scoop on the roof and that more than did
the trick for cooling the engine.  I had a supercharger installed when I was
doing those things and have since removed the supercharger,  But the cooling
is sure good.

I also started out with one cooler.  I later added a 2nd but did not vent it
outside.  I ended up venting it outside as well.

If I were you, I would stick with the plans, and pay special attention to
the overhead NACA.  Make sure it is right. Then make any changes if you need
to.

Good Luck

Dennis Huntington
XLRG