REFLECTOR:Luwan door????

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:39:49 -0700

It's Luan.  It's a kind of wood, from the Philippines.  It's often sold as
mahogany, but it seems it is the name given to a group of species that
includes Lauan, Meranti, and others-none of which have any relation to true
Mahogany (Swietenia genus).

They make "nice" interior plywood out of it, and use very thin luan plywood
to skin hollow core doors.