REFLECTOR:Alternator

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 01:16:29 EDT

--part1_20.188f3ff8.2c8ebc2d_boundary

I purchased a B&C voltage regulator several years ago and intended to also
buy their alternator.  Now I find that I no longer think that they are worth
$600 to $700.  Velocity has a 60 amp for about $200 but it has the voltage
regulator built in and I hear that it's a major effort to disable it.  Does anyone
know of an alternator without a regulator that will fit my LYC IO360?  Also,
what's the difference between a case mount and a boss mount?

99.9% finished and taking for ever!!

Mel Bina  STD  RG

--part1_20.188f3ff8.2c8ebc2d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>I purchased a B&amp;C vol=
tage regulator several years ago and intended to also buy their alternator.=20=
&nbsp;Now I find that I no longer think that they are worth $600 to $700. &n=
bsp;Velocity has a 60 amp for about $200 but it has the voltage regulator bu=
ilt in and I hear that it's a major effort to disable it. &nbsp;Does anyone=20=
know of an alternator without a regulator that will fit my LYC IO360? &nbsp;=
Also, what's the difference between a case mount and a boss mount?
<BR>
<BR>99.9% finished and taking for ever!!
<BR>
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;STD &nbsp;RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_20.188f3ff8.2c8ebc2d_boundary--