REFLECTOR:Landing light

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:28:31 -0700

I'm thinking of installing an HID Par-36 landing light on one of my
retractable main gear legs.  I'd have to make and install a pocket in the
strake tank, in the gear leg well, to clear the light.

I'll have an interconnect so the light can't be on unless the gear was
down.    The HID doesn't have a filament, so I don't have to worry about
vibration.  My hope is that it will get rid of the backscatter I have from
a retractable EZ style landing light in the fuselage, under the pilot's
knee.  It reflects off the back of the front landing gear.

I just wanted to get thoughts and opinions from the group.  Any reaction?