REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes

CBarber reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:33:10 -0500

New pictures, Wahoo.  Gona go look now.

My wings/canard are supposed to be delivered the end of this week. (keeping
my fingers crossed)

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Suite 103
Houston, Texas 77089-4755
281-464-LAWS (5297)

"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"

CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 12:00 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes

Jim,

I found on the NAPA site that it is a metric M10 x 1.  I'm going to
plumb with aluminum hard lines from the master cylinders back, so I need
to go from the M10x1 to an AN 3/16" fitting.  I'm shaking my head
thinking that finding such a piece won't be easy, if it is possible at
all.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I spoke with Duane about the fitting.  He said they have been using 1/8"
brass fittings for the longest time and they have worked well.  The
factory uses the liquid Teflon sealant with it.  Duane swears he has
done 25 planes this way and it works well.  He said it wasn't until
years later that someone pointed out that it was a metric fitting.  Hard
to argue with empirical evidence, but it would feel a bit better if the
correct fitting could be used.

Again, any ideas would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm posting new pictures today.

Best,