REFLECTOR:MT 540 Prop

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:12:00 EST

--part1_1cb.13771a7b.2cd38f70_boundary

Richard,
I have a hydraulic MT prop on N190J (XL/RG) Lycoming IO540 with approx 200
hrs. after 3 years of flying. Aside from being what the factory recommends, I
think that this has been the choice of most/all the flying Velocitys with this
engine that I know about. I doubt that there is a prop configuration for the
Velocity that will get you better performance in climb or cruise. Yes, it is
pricey but I believe it pays off in its performance. Although I have never had
any service done by MT, there is a sales and service facility in Deland, Florida
where I believe they can do most repairs, blade replacement etc. without
having to send the prop to Germany.
I share your observation re electric pitch control having flown a Velocity
SUV with a Lycoming IO320.
Most props become fragile when they hit things other than air.

Safe flying,
Odd

--part1_1cb.13771a7b.2cd38f70_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Richard,<BR>
I have a hydraulic MT prop on N190J (XL/RG) Lycoming IO540 with approx 200 h=
rs. after 3 years of flying. Aside from being what the factory recommends, I=
 think that this has been the choice of most/all the flying Velocitys with t=
his engine that I know about. I doubt that there is a prop configuration for=
 the Velocity that will get you better performance in climb or cruise. Yes,=20=
it is pricey but I believe it pays off in its performance. Although I have n=
ever had any service done by MT, there is a sales and service facility in De=
land, Florida where I believe they can do most repairs, blade replacement et=
c. without having to send the prop to Germany.<BR>
I share your observation re electric pitch control having flown a Velocity S=
UV with a Lycoming IO320.<BR>
Most props become fragile when they hit things other than air.<BR>
<BR>
Safe flying,<BR>
Odd</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1cb.13771a7b.2cd38f70_boundary--