REFLECTOR:Lightspeed Reply

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:31:48 -0700

--============_-1144583783==_ma============

I phoned Lightspeed yesterday and told them I would poll the
Reflector crowd.    Important note:  If I buy headsets, I pay the
same price you do.  No freebies for me.

We have two options: Reconditioned & New
1. Reconditioned Lightspeed Headsets (Order direct yourself)
All units equipped with auto-shutoff battery-saving feature.
I bought two reconditioned XL 20 headsets three years ago.   (They
looked brand new; he said most all sets are from pilots trading up to
3-Gs).  Reconditioned headsets are available at a very deep discount,
and they come with a full 1 yr. warranty.  I can assure you that
Lightspeed is committed to a corporate culture of honest service; he
said they usually repair headsets for several years, including
reconditioned units, at no charge except postage.

If you want to order re-conditioned, please order direct at your
convenience.  (No need to contact me).

Go on line:  www.anrheadsets.com
Or, you can call Lightspeed at (800) 332-2421.

Reconditioned prices:  (I think he told me that all these units have
auto-shutoff when not in use.  Ask when you call).
'R' 20 XL ANR  $300  (New Retail $400)
'R' 25 XL ANR  $350  (New Retail $500)

2. New Lightspeed Headsets
OK to invite non-velocity friends, but this is a favor to me, so
please be discreet.  Lightspeed rarely discounts to anyone but
wholesale vendors (for obvious reasons they need to maintain strong
vendor relations).  He asked that our Velocity community be
considerate.  Interpretation: Please don't brag about "price" when we
show our new Lightspeeds to friends.  Especially important: Never use
this information as leverage if we ever negotiate with a vendor or
talk price at a fly-in booth.

He suggests we try for a dozen New orders.  (Reconditioned orders
won't count).  The best buy is on the "Twenty-3G" at $400 (about 21%
discount).  The "Thirty 3-G" discounted less at $500 (almost 17%
discount).  He started out pricing higher than these figures, but he
was kind enough to consider a compromise since I had already stuck my
neck out suggesting a higher discount.  (The old maxim, act first,
get permission later, worked to our advantage).

New Lightspeed Prices
All 3 G Series       (These allow cell phone interface - See website)

Model               Retail		Velocity Builder Price
Twenty-3G	Retail $479                           $400
Thirty-3G	Retail $599                           $500

Even if you have emailed me once, please repeat.  I need a new
commitment since I'm posting new information on pricing and
reconditioned units.

Let's not harass non-buyers on the Reflector, so please email me
direct at (dennis_martin@byu.edu) with subject line: Order
Lightspeeds.  Let's see if we can get close to a dozen units.
November 30 will be the cut-off date.

All the best,
Dennis Martin

P.S.  I sent a cc of this to Lightspeed.  Along with it I'm sending
copies  of some of your emails that praised their product.

--============_-1144583783==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
Reflector crowd.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Important note:&nbsp; If I buy
headsets, I pay the same price you do.&nbsp; No freebies for me.</div>
yourself)</b></div>
feature.</b></div>
(They looked brand new; he said most all sets are from pilots trading
up to 3-Gs).&nbsp; Reconditioned headsets are available at a very deep
discount, and they come with a full 1 yr. warranty.&nbsp; I can assure
you that Lightspeed is committed to a corporate culture of honest
service; he said they usually repair headsets for several years,
including reconditioned units, at no charge except postage.</div>
your convenience</b>.&nbsp; (No need to contact me).</div>
units have auto-shutoff when not in use.&nbsp; Ask when you
call).</div>
please be discreet.&nbsp; Lightspeed rarely discounts to anyone but
wholesale vendors (for obvious reasons they need to maintain strong
vendor relations).&nbsp; He asked that our Velocity community be
considerate.&nbsp; Interpretation: Please don't brag about
&quot;price&quot; when we show our new Lightspeeds to friends.&nbsp;
Especially important: Never use this information as leverage if we
ever negotiate with a vendor or talk price at a fly-in booth.</div>
(Reconditioned orders won't count).&nbsp; The best buy is on the
&quot;Twenty-3G&quot; at $400 (about 21% discount).&nbsp; The
&quot;Thirty 3-G&quot; discounted less at $500 (almost 17% discount).&nbsp;
He started out pricing higher than these figures, but he was kind
enough to consider a compromise since I had already stuck my neck out
suggesting a higher discount.&nbsp; (The old maxim, act first, get
permission later, worked to our advantage).&nbsp; </div>
cell phone interface - See website)</div>
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
Retail</u><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</x-tab>Retail
$479&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
$400&nbsp;<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </x-tab></div>
</x-tab>Retail
$599&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
new commitment since I'm posting new information on pricing and
reconditioned units.</div>
direct at (dennis_martin@byu.edu) with subject line:<b> Order
Lightspeeds.&nbsp;</b> Let's see if we can get close to a dozen
units.&nbsp; November 30 will be the cut-off date.</div>
I'm sending copies&nbsp; of some of your emails that praised their
product.</div>