REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents

Gordon Putney reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:06:55 -0600

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C39EC5.2AB00330

Doug, we too got dents even though we reinforced with one layer of bid.  =
 We intend to rout a slot under the dent prone area from the underside in=
 the baggage area, through the inner skin and foam.   Then we'll bond in =
a premade fiberglass rib.   As for your situation, you might just cover t=
he step area with white wing walk material available from ACS.

----- Original Message -----
From: DOHAYES@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 9:39 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents

Does anyone out there with a top door model, who didn't think ahead and r=
einforce the tops of the strakes near the door, have dents from climbing =
in and out? I just got my airplane back from the painter, complete with d=
ents on both sides where he climbed around doing his final polishing. He =
said he'd fix them, but I know from past experience that while he'll do a=
 great job, it could take a year. I'm wondering now if the wait will be w=
orth it if they are inevitable. I know I'll be careful, but what about ev=
eryone else? Anyone have them and cover them up somehow? Anyone?

Doug Hayes
Boulder, CO

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C39EC5.2AB00330

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Doug, we too got dents even though we rei=
nforced with one layer of bid.&nbsp;&nbsp; We intend to rout a slot under=
 the dent prone area from the underside in the baggage area, through the =
inner skin and foam.&nbsp;&nbsp; Then we'll bond in a premade fiberglass =
rib.&nbsp;&nbsp; As for your situation, you might just cover the step are=
a with white wing walk material available from ACS.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DI=
V> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEF=
T: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D=
"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKG=
ROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> DOHAYES@aol.=
com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, October=
 29, 2003 9:39 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> reflec=
tor@tvbf.org</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLEC=
TOR: Top door strake dents</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <META content=3D"MSHTM=
L 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR> <DIV>Does anyone out there&nbsp;with =
a top door model, who didn't think ahead and reinforce the tops of the st=
rakes near the door, have dents from climbing in and out? I just got my a=
irplane back from the painter, complete with dents on both sides where he=
 climbed around doing his final polishing. He said he'd fix them, but I k=
now&nbsp;from past experience that while he'll do a great job, it could t=
ake a year.&nbsp;I'm wondering now if the wait will be worth it&nbsp;if t=
hey are inevitable. I know I'll be careful, but what about everyone else?=
 Anyone have them and cover them up somehow? Anyone?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</D=