REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents

David Scharfenberg reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:32:03 -0600

--MS_Mac_OE_3150304323_56644_MIME_Part

I didn't reinforce the strake top and so far no dents.  I'm careful not to
put my knees on them.

Dave Scharfenberg

std/rg

on 10/29/03 9:27 AM, DOHAYES@aol.com at DOHAYES@aol.com wrote:

Does anyone out there with a top door model, who didn't think ahead and
reinforce the tops of the strakes near the door, have dents from climbing in
and out? I just got my airplane back from the painter, complete with dents
on both sides where he climbed around doing his final polishing. He said
he'd fix them, but I know from past experience that while he'll do a great
job, it could take a year. I'm wondering now if the wait will be worth it if
they are inevitable. I know I'll be careful, but what about everyone else?
Anyone have them and cover them up somehow? Anyone?

Doug Hayes
Boulder, CO

--MS_Mac_OE_3150304323_56644_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
I didn't reinforce the strake top and so far no dents. &nbsp;I'm careful no=
t to put my knees on them.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Dave Scharfenberg<BR>
<BR>
std/rg<BR>
<BR>
on 10/29/03 9:27 AM, DOHAYES@aol.com at DOHAYES@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Does anyone out there with a top door model, who didn't think a=
head and reinforce the tops of the strakes near the door, have dents from cl=
imbing in and out? I just got my airplane back from the painter, complete wi=
th dents on both sides where he climbed around doing his final polishing. He=
 said he'd fix them, but I know from past experience that while he'll do a g=
reat job, it could take a year. I'm wondering now if the wait will be worth =
it if they are inevitable. I know I'll be careful, but what about everyone e=
lse? Anyone have them and cover them up somehow? Anyone?<BR>
 <BR>
Doug Hayes<BR>
Boulder, CO<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3150304323_56644_MIME_Part--