REFLECTOR:Recessed Fixture

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:43:20 EDT

--part1_67.1b08269f.2ccae8e8_boundary

Chuck,

We simply took a block of foam the size we wanted and taped it with duct tape
and glassed over it. It was then glassed into a hole we cut in the side of
the keel to the right of the pilot's leg. Make sure you make it large enough to
get your hand in easily.
Make sure you position it forward enough to be able to easily reach it.

The one I have is about 6" long x 3" high x 2.5" deep. Allow enough room for
carpeting.

If I were starting to build over I would also make a large recess in the keel
in the rear so that I could store maps and so on in it. It would have to be
posiitoned so that I could reach around and get what I want. It would have to
be low enough to be under the elevator torque tube. I have seen a couple like
this. Anything to reduce clutter in the cockpit.

Bob Wood

Bob Wood

Bob Wood

--part1_67.1b08269f.2ccae8e8_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Chuck,<BR>
<BR>
We simply took a block of foam the size we wanted and taped it with duct tap=
e and glassed over it. It was then glassed into a hole we cut in the side of=
 the keel to the right of the pilot's leg. Make sure you make it large enoug=
h to get your hand in easily.<BR>
Make sure you position it forward enough to be able to easily reach it.<BR>
<BR>
The one I have is about 6" long x 3" high x 2.5" deep. Allow enough room for=
 carpeting.<BR>
<BR>
If I were starting to build over I would also make a large recess in the kee=
l in the rear so that I could store maps and so on in it. It would have to b=
e posiitoned so that I could reach around and get what I want. It would have=
 to be low enough to be under the elevator torque tube. I have seen a couple=
 like this. Anything to reduce clutter in the cockpit.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>