REFLECTOR:V8 Vacuum system

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:42:03 EDT

--part1_14b.259827b5.2cc55c4b_boundary

Ron,

 I have an aluminum V-6 Chevy in my 173. I too was looking at putting a
vacuum pump in the bird, started drawing out plans etc. In the end I put in
Electric instruments. I do have the Tim England tape and it shows how he put a vacuum
pump system in his V, and that is one reason I decided to go electric.

The reasons I decided to go electric were:

general vacuum pump sevice life anyway, brackets and reduction systems
required to keep the vacuum pumps from flying apart, extra hoses/lines running
through the engine compartment and the tunnels, I think you get the picture.

Although I am not flying yet, the install is clean and efficient in the
panel.  I am sure the cost of the electric instruments are worth all the
engineering, fabricating, troubleshooting of "making" a vacuum system work.

Kurt Winker.

--part1_14b.259827b5.2cc55c4b_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Ron, <BR>
<BR>
 I have an aluminum V-6 Chevy in my 173. I too was looking at putting a vacu=
um pump in the bird, started drawing out plans etc. In the end I put in Elec=
tric instruments. I do have the Tim England tape and it shows how he put a v=
acuum pump system in his <B>V</B>, and that is one reason I decided to go el=
ectric. <BR>
<BR>
The reasons I decided to go electric were:<BR>
<BR>
general vacuum pump sevice life anyway, brackets and reduction systems requi=
red to keep the vacuum pumps from flying apart, extra hoses/lines running th=
rough the engine compartment and the tunnels, I think you get the picture. <=

<BR>
Although I am not flying yet, the install is clean and efficient in the pane=
l.&nbsp; I am sure the cost of the electric instruments are worth all the en=
gineering, fabricating, troubleshooting of "making" a vacuum system work.&nb=
sp; <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker.<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_14b.259827b5.2cc55c4b_boundary--