REFLECTOR: Brake Seal & Fluid Changeover

mike deeter reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings:

I've been researching the feasibility of changing to
DOT 3 brake fluid.  I have a Standard Elite RG w/ the
regular (not XT) Matco brakes.  Our master cylinders
say to use DOT 3 brake fluid.  The Matco website
identifies the piston seals on the brakes themselves
as 2-214 size Buna-N seals.  I can get the same size
seals in EPDM, which I understand is compatible with
DOT 3.  It seems that all that remains as an issue is
the nylaflow tubing.

Questions:

1.  Is our nylaflow tubing compatible with DOT 3?

2.  Am I missing other potential issues?

3.  Has anyone done this?  What were your experiences?

Thanks for any input.

Mike Deeter
N2011P Franklin Ivo powered standard Elite RG

=====