REFLECTOR:Hydraulic oil clean-up

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:44:55 -0700

**DO NOT USE SIMPLE GREEN ON YOUR HYDRAULICS**

Even if you are going to wash it well afterwards.  Simple Green will find
it's way into cracks, not wash away completely, and slowly corrode.  One of
the best places for it to hide is between the nut and the sleeve, and
between the sleeve and the hydraulic tube itself.  The Air Force has a
*very* strict policy about Simple Green never being used anywhere on an
airplane for this reason.

I don't know what you're using as hydraulic fluid, but for me, Lemon Fresh
Joy dishwashing liquid has always worked wonderfully.