REFLECTOR:accident/incident

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:23:47 EDT

--part1_12e.33266173.2cbdd173_boundary

welll, yes I did hit hard. Nose gear lost and wheel pants. Right lower
winglet knocked off along with bell crank for rudder. I did not even get seatbelt
bruises.

New parts arrived Saturday by FedEx, and Scott Swing and I had it ready to
fly Sunday afternoon (substanital damage?). Today I arrived back home in
Sebring, FL after about 12 hours enroute. I understand from the FAA that the reason
that it was called substantial damage was that the control system (rudder
bellcrank) was involved. It was just unfortunate that they were all there at
Copperstate.

Everything nominal except some paint and fiberglass finish work needed.

Thanks to Scott Swing!!!   He assessed the damage, ordered the parts. I drove
to Phoenix to get the parts and some West System. He put in a lot of labor on
the glassing, I basically changed the gear out.

I can not say enought about the quality of the Velocity people!!!

Bob Wood
N658SE

--part1_12e.33266173.2cbdd173_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
welll, yes I did hit hard. Nose gear lost and wheel pants. Right lower wingl=
et knocked off along with bell crank for rudder. I did not even get seatbelt=
 bruises.<BR>
<BR>
New parts arrived Saturday by FedEx, and Scott Swing and I had it ready to f=
ly Sunday afternoon (substanital damage?). Today I arrived back home in Sebr=
ing, FL after about 12 hours enroute. I understand from the FAA that the rea=
son that it was called substantial damage was that the control system (rudde=
r bellcrank) was involved. It was just unfortunate that they were all there=20=
at Copperstate.<BR>
<BR>
Everything nominal except some paint and fiberglass finish work needed.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks to Scott Swing!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; He assessed the damage, ordered the par=
ts. I drove to Phoenix to get the parts and some West System. He put in a lo=
t of labor on the glassing, I basically changed the gear out.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp; <BR>
<BR>
I can not say enought about the quality of the Velocity people!!!<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
N658SE</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12e.33266173.2cbdd173_boundary--