REFLECTOR:Gear socket

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:39:52 -0400

While taxiing on a grass strip with my cover behind the rear seat removed, I noticed
the main gear RG mechanism oscillating side to side a lot.  I reduced the play between
the gear leg and the socket by adding 9 layers of aluminum tape to one of the gear
legs.  Now when I taxi on the grass strip the ride is a lot more bumpy with a lot of
side to side rocking.  So, I'm thinking of removing the tape or replacing it with
something compressible to allow some play and cushion the legs from hitting the
sockets.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

John Dibble