REFLECTOR:Low volt warning

Dennis Huntington reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 05:09:12 +0000

TEC

I am on my 3rd automotive alternator. The first lasted about50 hours. I had
it rebuilt in Salt Lake City, and it lasted another 50 hours or so.  A year
ago while at the factory it went out again.  The factory willingly
warranteed it.  But this one will not put out over 13.2 volts while the
others put out 13.8-14.2
When this one fails, I will definately switch to an aircraft alternator.

Dennis

>From: HYTEC45@aol.com
>To: reflector@tvbf.org
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Low volt warning
>Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:28:28 EDT
>
>In a message dated 10/8/03 7:22:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>dennishuntington@hotmail.com writes:
>
> > I am going to replace the standard alternator from Velocity
> > with a B&C alternator like the Glasair. That should take care of that
> > problem.
> >

>Maybe not.  I have the low volt light problem with my Vision now and then
>during gear operations.  The problem with the alternator in the "trunk,"
>unlike
>your Glassair, is the size of wire and the length of run (think I used # 8)
>.
>This is really not a problem as long as you know why.  When my "shade tree"
>alternator takes a crap (been is service 400hrs) I will surly get the B&C,
>but I
>suspect the problem will persist.  If it aint broke, bla-bla.
>
>TEC

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon