REFLECTOR:Matco Brake Caliper Diagram - AGAIN

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 04:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Have you installed the new pads and the new caliper spacer?
 The old tube style allowed the caliper to spread under
load.  I'll also bet that you have air trapped in the
master cylinder.  Have someone pump up the brakes and hold
the pressure like you are bleeding the brakes and loosen
the fitting on the master cylinder.  Air does get trapped
in the forward part of the cylinder.

Jim

--- PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com wrote:
> Jim,
>        Thanks for the diagram of theMatco caliper.  I
> remove one of mine
> yesterday and turned it every way I could but only got
> two small bubbles out.  The
> pedal is still soft.
>
> Mel Bina  STD  RG

=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying