REFLECTOR:A (re)volting problem

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:56:59 -0400

> <...laminar airfoils that have been known to get marginal in MIST (much less ICE) ...>

I was alluding to Long-EZs, Cozys, etc. and meant it as an example of how little
disruption of the airfoil canard composites can tolerate - never meant to suggest that
Velocity has pitch trim problem in mist or rain.  Composites and canards have very
little tolerance for ice, particularly compared to span cans.

As to pitot ice, I had it in my head that the pitot tube freezes up last, after the
flying surfaces.  Don't know where I learned that pitot systems and small protrusions
ice up last.

I stand corrected  .... Jim S.