REFLECTOR:A (re)volting problem

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:42:45 EDT

--part1_133.25ee2ef8.2cb06095_boundary

Chuck,

 Hope this reply isn't too late, but I just got back in town. I have a Pitot
right in the nose too. I called the manufacturers of the part and discovered
that is it a "known Ice" system, and that at 24V it heats up to about 600
degrees. I thought this was way too much for the epoxy!  I asked the manufacturer
what I should do (inverters are spensive), and he said that I should just run
it off of 12V. It will still get to over 300 degrees and will last forever.
As a side, he also said that they can make one of these systems for a 12V
system if you want it.... All you have to do is ask.

Wire it... Fly it...

Kurt Winker.

--part1_133.25ee2ef8.2cb06095_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Chuck, <BR>
<BR>
 Hope this reply isn't too late, but I just got back in town. I have a Pitot=
 right in the nose too. I called the manufacturers of the part and discovere=
d that is it a "known Ice" system, and that at 24V it heats up to about 600=20=
degrees. I thought this was way too much for the epoxy!&nbsp; I asked the ma=
nufacturer what I should do (inverters are spensive), and he said that I sho=
uld just run it off of 12V. It will still get to over 300 degrees and will l=
ast forever.&nbsp; <BR>
As a side, he also said that they can make one of these systems for a 12V sy=
stem if you want it.... All you have to do is ask. <BR>
<BR>
Wire it... Fly it...<BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker. </FONT></HTML>

--part1_133.25ee2ef8.2cb06095_boundary--