REFLECTOR:Nose gear sag and brake problem.

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 02:27:55 EDT

--part1_44.35eaebae.2cafc26b_boundary

One of the suggestions to bleed the brakes was to remove the caliper and move
it while bleeding.  I had not installed my nose gear doors since painting and
thought that bleeding the brake when up in the well might make a difference.
Fix the brake problem and reattach the nose gear doors, a two for one.

Bleeding the brake with the caliper horizontal didn't help.  However, I now
have a new problem, the nose gear is not retracting enough to close the doors.
The sag is about 1/2 " and the gear can be pulled up easily by hand.  I
haven't changed anything since I last retracted the gear.  Brendan suggested that
the pressure switch may be cutting off too soon.  I turned the hi pressure
screws in 1 1/2 turns, 1/4 turn at a time with no change.  I also seem to recall
that years ago when checking the system with a pressure gage, the adjustments
didn't work.  Perhaps Al Gietzen found the same thing.  Does anyone have a
suggestion?  I had planned to fly to Copper State, now Xmas is in doubt.

Mel Bina  STD  RG

--part1_44.35eaebae.2cafc26b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>One of the suggestions to=
 bleed the brakes was to remove the caliper and move it while bleeding. &nbs=
p;I had not installed my nose gear doors since painting and thought that ble=
eding the brake when up in the well might make a difference. &nbsp;Fix the b=
rake problem and reattach the nose gear doors, a two for one.
<BR>
<BR>Bleeding the brake with the caliper horizontal didn't help. &nbsp;Howeve=
r, I now have a new problem, the nose gear is not retracting enough to close=
 the doors. &nbsp;The sag is about 1/2 " and the gear can be pulled up easil=
y by hand. &nbsp;I haven't changed anything since I last retracted the gear.=
 &nbsp;Brendan suggested that the pressure switch may be cutting off too soo=
n. &nbsp;I turned the hi pressure screws in 1 1/2 turns, 1/4 turn at a time=20=
with no change. &nbsp;I also seem to recall that years ago when checking the=
 system with a pressure gage, the adjustments didn't work. &nbsp;Perhaps Al=20=
Gietzen found the same thing. &nbsp;Does anyone have a suggestion? &nbsp;I h=
ad planned to fly to Copper State, now Xmas is in doubt.
<BR>
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;STD &nbsp;RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_44.35eaebae.2cafc26b_boundary--