REFLECTOR:Slipping Aileron trim

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:38:13 -0500

good point there Keith-

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of KeithHallsten
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:09 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Slipping Aileron trim

I think an integral part of the original design concept was that a "runaway
trim" situation could easily be dealt with by the pilot specifically because
the nylon line WILL slip on the capstain if pushed too hard.  Sometimes
being too positive is not a good thing!  Meanwhile, a little belt dressing
or Shoe Goo on the line will get you enough grip.
Keith