REFLECTOR:Slipping Aileron trim

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:41:50 -0500

it could be replaced with some small gage chain and 2 idler pulleys
(McMaster Carr) if it continues to be a problem, probably should be more
positive than friction on the capstan anyway- if I knew it was an issue
before I put mine in there, I would have done it with the chain myself, now
I have too much to do to worry about it, since the string seems to work for
most applications....

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Dave Black
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:19 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Slipping Aileron trim

Steve,

> I was told some of you folks may have a good idea to get my aileron
> trim to stop slipping. I have set up the trim via the manual and can
> feel it slipping in cruise.  It seems the line is slipping over the
> drive wheel.

That's exactly what happens.

I'm surprised the Factory has not come up with a solution for this. They've
solved virtually all Velocity's other problems.

Owners of several flying Velocities have told me they never need the
electric
trim -- unless the string slips. Thus I'd recommend leaving out the
slip-string mechanism and make the aileron trim either Manually Adjustable
or
Ground Adjustable. You'll avoid a lot of hassle.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG