REFLECTOR:Slipping Aileron trim

Dave Black reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:18:51 -0400

Steve,

> I was told some of you folks may have a good idea to get my aileron
> trim to stop slipping. I have set up the trim via the manual and can
> feel it slipping in cruise.  It seems the line is slipping over the
> drive wheel.

That's exactly what happens.

I'm surprised the Factory has not come up with a solution for this. They've
solved virtually all Velocity's other problems.

Owners of several flying Velocities have told me they never need the electric
trim -- unless the string slips. Thus I'd recommend leaving out the
slip-string mechanism and make the aileron trim either Manually Adjustable or
Ground Adjustable. You'll avoid a lot of hassle.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG