REFLECTOR:Oil Congealing Problems in Lines to Front Cooler

Dave Black reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:07:56 -0500

Richard,

> Would you run the second cooler parallel to the first?

That's what I was thinking of.

> or would you use an electric pump?

Never thought of it. A pump would have the advantage of operating from a
thermostat if desired.

> If parallel, would you valve the line to the second cooler?

Yes. I was thinking ao an A/B type valve where you could incrementally adjust
the ratio of oil going to each cooler. On the coldest days, you might want ALL
the heat going to the cabin.

With this arrangement, you could theoretically heat the inside air almost to
the temperature of the oil, while with the standard front cooler you're doing
well to heat the cabin to 40° above OAT.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG