REFLECTOR:accident/incidents

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:32:49 -0700

Jack,

You need to specify altitude for your distances.

At my 6500 ft elevation field(10,000 density altitude common in summer)
they would probably be quite a bit longer.

I take off at some airfields where an aborted takeoff from takeoff speed
means your in the dirt.  I watch the Lears and Citations take off from GNT
on a warm day and they rotate a 1000 ft from the end of the runway some
times.  There is no way they could ever stop and stay on the runway.

Scott