REFLECTOR:Gap Seals

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:51:04 EST

--part1_149.1d087817.2cf4fe98_boundary

Re static: It was the strangest thing. It happened only when reaching speeds
of 120+ knots. In rain or mist it was non-existant at any airspeed. I have had
a lot of discussions with people in NASA, radio labs in CA, tech councillors
in EAA etc., but have not gotten any firm explanation for the phenomenon.
After trying miscellaneous suggestions which didn't improve the situation, I just
removed the tape. I have "reasonable" control with my ailerons on crosswind
landings after taping the gaps and don't really need more rudder authority than
what I have now anyway.
Odd

--part1_149.1d087817.2cf4fe98_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Re static: It was the strangest thing. It happened onl=
y when reaching speeds of 120+ knots. In rain or mist it was non-existant at=
 any airspeed. I have had a lot of discussions with people in NASA, radio la=
bs in CA, tech councillors in EAA etc., but have not gotten any firm explana=
tion for the phenomenon. After trying miscellaneous suggestions which didn't=
 improve the situation, I just removed the tape. I have "reasonable" control=
 with my ailerons on crosswind landings after taping the gaps and don't real=
ly need more rudder authority than what I have now anyway.<BR>
Odd</FONT></HTML>

--part1_149.1d087817.2cf4fe98_boundary--