REFLECTOR:Gap Seals

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:56:54 -0600

--------------E0044649AF96013C4FEF192B

Odd,

I have caulk on my ailerons and rudders.  It was there when I bought my
SRG Velocity, so I can't compare with no gap seals, except to say that
I'm very satisfied with control at low speeds.  That's an interesting
comment about com static noise.  Sometimes I have a lot of noise, other
times not.  Was your noise from the tape constant or did it vary?

John

OddJ@aol.com wrote:

> I have used std. electrical tape (3/4") to seal my aileron gaps. After
> approx 90 hours I have only replaced them once. For my plane they work
> like a charm. Before I had little or no aileron authority below 90
> knots. Now, I feel I have full control at landing speeds 77 - 85
> knots.
> I have not taped the elevators. Tried it on the rudders with some gain
> in authority, but developed static noise in the com, thus removed the
> tape.
> Fly safe,
> N190J
> Odd

--------------E0044649AF96013C4FEF192B

Odd,
my SRG Velocity, so I can't compare with no gap seals, except to say that
I'm very satisfied with control at low speeds.&nbsp; That's an interesting
comment about com static noise.&nbsp; Sometimes I have a lot of noise,
other times not.&nbsp; Was your noise from the tape constant or did it
vary?
electrical tape (3/4") to seal my aileron gaps. After approx 90 hours I
have only replaced them once. For my plane they work like a charm. Before
I had little or no aileron authority below 90 knots. Now, I feel I have
full control at landing speeds 77 - 85 knots.</font></font>
it on the rudders with some gain in authority, but developed static noise
in the com, thus removed the tape.</font></font>

--------------E0044649AF96013C4FEF192B--