REFLECTOR:Gap Seals

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:03:27 EST

--part1_e.38dd24df.2cf3da2f_boundary

Have an XL and use gap seal tape on ailerons. Seems to me that it improves
aileron response a bit, but is unquantifiable. I used "reflector tape" from
automotive parts store. Downside of this tape is that it will crack after some use
and must be replaced. This is not a big job however.

Have not used on rudders.

Do not use on elevators as they are a fowler flap and are designed to work
witn air flow through the gap. I have heard but do not know, that gap seals here
could be dangerous.

Bob wood

--part1_e.38dd24df.2cf3da2f_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Have an XL and use gap seal tape on ailerons. Seems to=
 me that it improves aileron response a bit, but is unquantifiable. I used "=
reflector tape" from automotive parts store. Downside of this tape is that i=
t will crack after some use and must be replaced. This is not a big job howe=
ver. <BR>
<BR>
Have not used on rudders.<BR>
<BR>
Do not use on elevators as they are a fowler flap and are designed to work w=
itn air flow through the gap. I have heard but do not know, that gap seals h=
ere could be dangerous.<BR>
<BR>
Bob wood</FONT></HTML>

--part1_e.38dd24df.2cf3da2f_boundary--