REFLECTOR:Matco Brakes

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:05:41 -0700

Speaking of brakes,  I rotated my main tires yesterday, inside to outside).

I noticed the outside outer bearing on the right wheel had rotated
somewhat.  Enough to score the axle nut.  It was well lubed and there was
no play in the bearings before I removed the wheel, so I don't think I was
running them to loose.

Anybody have this happen to them with Matco's?

I'm going to replace the bearing just in case, but need a new axle nut.  I
tried to access Matco's web site but I get a blank page?  Maybe NAPA
carries the nut, I know they will have the bearing.

Scott