REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:16:41 -0600

--------------3522BCDEACFE7BEACEDF8A47

<... no backup for the engine processor ...  this wasn't
acceptable ...>
I agree, that's not acceptable.  But it's not inevitable.  My
rotary is going to have a fully duplexed/redundant electronic
fuel control and ignition system.  I can switch back and forth
between side 1 and side 2 in flight or alternate on even and odd
numbered days.  The system captures the data it uses to control
injector pulse width and displays it as MAP, Fuel Flow, Intake
Temp, RPM, etc.  It is programmable so it can be installed on a
wide variety of different engines.  It cost's about $800
complete.  That's EIGHT HUNDRED.  For the whole shebang, panel
display and all.
Why spend big bucks when I can go first class for less .... Jim
S.

NMFlyer1@aol.com wrote:

> Whilst I was researching higher power engines for my 173E (so
> I can get off the ground at my high DA), I looked at NSI work.
> They do some awfully nice work. One thing I wasn't comfortable
> with was there was no backup for the engine processor.
> Since I have had 3 processors in different autos fail, without
> warning, this wasn't aacceptible. The NSI price for the 220
> hp. setup at that time was about 7K more than I spent building
> up my aluminum block V-6, (that has over 100 HP More).
>
> Still.... they do some really nice work!.
>
> Kurt Winker
> 173 FGE 4.3L Chev (340HP).

--------------3522BCDEACFE7BEACEDF8A47

processor ...&nbsp; this wasn't acceptable ...></font></font>
But it's not inevitable.&nbsp; My rotary is going to have a fully duplexed/redundant
electronic fuel control and ignition system.&nbsp; I can switch back and
forth between side 1 and side 2 in flight or alternate on even and odd
numbered days.&nbsp; The system captures the data it uses to control injector
pulse width and displays it as MAP, Fuel Flow, Intake Temp, RPM, etc.&nbsp;
It is programmable so it can be installed on a wide variety of different
engines.&nbsp; It cost's about $800 complete.&nbsp; That's EIGHT HUNDRED.&nbsp;
For the whole shebang, panel display and all.</font></font>
first class for less .... Jim S.</font></font>
higher power engines for my 173E (so I can get off the ground at my high
DA), I looked at NSI work. They do some awfully nice work. One thing I
autos fail, without warning, this wasn't aacceptible. The NSI price for
the 220 hp. setup at that time was about 7K more than I spent building
up my aluminum block V-6, (that has over 100 HP More).</font></font>
work!.</font></font>

--------------3522BCDEACFE7BEACEDF8A47--