REFLECTOR:Baffling an IO-540

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:40:07 EST

--part1_b0.4150fc06.2cebf9c7_boundary

I think they are now making the one for the Lycoming IO540 and one for the
new Continental IO550. You might inquire from them.

On the top of the Lycoming cylinder heads there are holes that fit a 1/4-20,
1/2 inch long bolt. There are six on each side of the engine, and these are
the bolts that hold the plenum onto the cyulinder heads. I recently extended the
ends of the plenum that extend down around the cylinders and heads, bringing
them to about 2.5 inches apart under the cylinders, in an attempt to get all 6
to cool about the same. This helped.

Bob Wood
XL FG
658SE

--part1_b0.4150fc06.2cebf9c7_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I think they are now making the one for the Lycoming I=
O540 and one for the new Continental IO550. You might inquire from them.<BR>
<BR>
On the top of the Lycoming cylinder heads there are holes that fit a 1/4-20,=
 1/2 inch long bolt. There are six on each side of the engine, and these are=
 the bolts that hold the plenum onto the cyulinder heads. I recently extende=
d the ends of the plenum that extend down around the cylinders and heads, br=
inging them to about 2.5 inches apart under the cylinders, in an attempt to=20=
get all 6 to cool about the same. This helped. <BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
XL FG<BR>
658SE</FONT></HTML>