REFLECTOR:Re: [Canards] Flight characteristics of a Canard

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:30:19 -0700

>Careful old mate! .....I for one didn't read / interpret any of the
<snip>
>...all in good fun and education!
>
>Greg in Sydney.
>Std RG E Velocity

Thanks Greg,

If I have caused injury by my "blunt remarks" concerning the Stall behavior
of the Velocity I apologize. No harm was intended.

My remarks were borne from a desire to get to the truth.  I always try to
maintain and fly my airplane in a manner that reduces the risk of an
incident to the minimum.

One of the primary reasons I chose a canard to own and fly was its
"purported" inherent safe design.  Hearing that there may be a demon hidden
in the design just waiting to bite me caused me to respond in a aggressive
manner.  I wanted to get to substantiated facts that would prove or
disprove the statement that the Velocity would not recover from a stall.

Scott