REFLECTOR:Stall Characteristics

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:46:15 -0800 (PST)

Scott,

Actually, this all started when you accused someone of
spreading rumors just for indicating it was POSSIBLE
to stall the main wing. That's was kind of a harsh
response from someone who now admits it can be done
after it has been pointed out how. Not surprisingly,
we haven't seen an apology from you... FYI, although
you have to be outside the normal flight envelope to
stall the main wing, that doesn't mean (or was it ever
said or implied) that anything you do outside this
envelope can cause the main wing to stall. The
important point is that you can't stall the main in
the normal flight envelope but that there are things
you can do outside this envelope (albeit relatively
extreme) which can cause it to stall. I hope you're
right about the deep stall recovery - but pls don't go
try it because that's not how we want to find out if
you're wrong.

Pat