REFLECTOR:Heating

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:38:41 -0700

Ron,
I used my own modified Dodge Stratus heater in the nose.  It acts as
a radiator in the summer by dumping hot air out the bottom through a
faired vent.  For winter, I'm using the keel as my "heating duct."
I've got a 4 speed fan that blows like a tornado, so it should get
plenty of heated air to each passenger on demand.

I vented into the keel with a 3" hole though the center of canard
bulkhead (reinforced with an aluminum "hat" made from heavy duty
irrigation pipe, all reinforced and bolted in with structual epoxy).
A 6" scat tube dumps hot air from the heater directly into the keel.
I've got four eyeballs inside the keel - one for each seat.

If you have any questions, email me direct for my phone number.

Best,
Dennis