REFLECTOR:accidents/incidents

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:48:42 -0600

<... And those performers are called: Mike Melville and Dick Rutan ...>
Beg pardon?  I've never seen Dick do any acrobatics (it's been that long?) and Mike
only in that little attack plane they built 10 yrs ago.

There's a (at least one) guy who does air shows for money.  Granted, Velocitys don't
need to be doing overheads, they being much more of a bus or van than a sports car.
But that is not to say they are not CAPABLE of some of these maneuvers.  They will
scoop out of a roll so hell wouldn't have it, and may not make it over the top of an
overhead, but with prudent attention to altitude and CG, they will not crash.
I'm still looking for your sources ... Jim S.